The Bakala Foundation Scholarship program offers support to motivated students so that they can realize their academic dreams. Throughout more than 12 years, the program has supported 183 students at 53 universities across 10 different countries. Offered in partnership with the sister organisation Fondation Zdenek et Michaela Bakala in Switzerland.
Applications for Scholarship 2022 are now closed. We will reopen in Fall 2022.
Application process – dates and details
- First, the student chooses a concrete university and major/study program. For consultation regarding a suitable institution, you can take advantage of the services of our academic advisor or participate in the events in our Student Hub.
- November 16th, 2021 – opening of applications for the Scholarship 2022 program
- January 18th, 2022 at 11:59pm – closing of applications
- April 2022 – participants will be informed of interim results
- June 2022 – successful candidates will participate in personal interviews to be held in Prague. Following the interviews, the final results will be announced.
Who Can Apply?
- Applicants whose financial situation (or that of their family) does not allow them to cover the expenses related to their university studies abroad;
- students who demonstrate strong academic credentials and verifiable financial need;
- students applying to (or studying) a bachelor’s or master’s program at a leading foreign university;
- young people looking for an academic experience that would intellectually enrich them and help them to achieve the best possible education;
- applicants seeking not only to earn a degree form a quality university, but also to contribute to a positive social impact via their studies and future work engagements;
- students enrolling in academically-rigorous programs abroad that go beyond traditional language and cultural exchanges.
Eligibility Requirements for Scholarship 2022
- Demonstrable financial need in order to realize their chosen university studies abroad;
- Czech citizenship or a permanent residency in the Czech Republic;
- younger than 34 years of age on the day of the application deadline (January 18, 2022);
- completing the Online application (including 1 or 2 recommendation letters) by January 18, 2022.
Our goal is to enable students to follow the academic path which would allow them to secure the best conditions for their growth and development, both personal and academic.
Lectures and Workshops (in CZ)
Recordings from past presentations:
- Live chat with Linda: Prague – London – Santa Barbara
- How to write a good essay – instructional video with O. Černý – ask us for link with the recording (only in CZ language) at: email@example.com (it is necessary to have Gmail account)
Follow our Facebook for news and events about our Scholarship offering and about studying abroad. Please note that presentations are held in the Czech language.