Achilles Data is a two-month course for aspiring journalists and media students from the Czech Republic and Slovakia with the aim of familiarizing participants with the basic tools, current trends and in-depth methods of modern investigative journalism.
- This course accepts 3- to 5-member teams of students. (Exceptions are possible. The organiser reserves the right to form teams of registered individuals).
- Teams first undergo a three-day series of workshops (14 – 16th October 2021)
- Each team is assigned a mentor, whom the students consult with for the duration of the course
- Teams submit their final project by 15th December 2021, which usually consists of an article plus interview and infographics
- The course ends with a final meeting in February during which the best project is chosen and participants receive a written evaluation of their work from the judges
Online applications are now open. Number of places is limited.
Mentors (changes may apply):
Jana Ustohalová (Deník N)
David Klimeš (Aktuálně.cz)
Markéta Dobiášová (Seznam Zprávy)
Laura Kellöová (Aktuality.sk)
Zuzana Petková (Nadácia Zastavme Korupciu)
Xénia Makarová (Nadácia Zastavme Korupciu)
Lukáš Diko – Investigatívne centrum Jána Kuciaka
(examples; the list will be updated prior to the opening workshop series):