Achilles Data is a two-month course for aspiring journalists and media students from the Czech Republic and Slovakia with the aim of familiarizing participants with the basic tools, current trends and in-depth methods of modern investigative journalism.
Applications for Achillova Data 2021 are now closed.
- This course accepts 3- to 5-member teams of students. (Exceptions are possible. The organiser reserves the right to form teams of registered individuals).
- Teams first undergo a three-day series of workshops (14 – 16th October 2021)
- Each team is assigned a mentor, whom the students consult with for the duration of the course
- Teams submit their final project by 15th December 2021, which usually consists of an article plus interview and infographics
- The course ends with a final meeting in February during which the best project is chosen and participants receive a written evaluation of their work from the judges
Jana Ustohalová (Deník N)
David Klimeš (Aktuálně.cz)
Markéta Dobiášová (Reflex)
Laura Kellöová (Aktuality.sk)
Zuzana Petková (Nadácia Zastavme Korupciu)
Xénia Makarová (Nadácia Zastavme Korupciu)
Lukáš Diko – Investigatívne centrum Jána Kuciaka
Michal Šverdík (Olomoucká Drbna)
Jindřich Šídlo (Seznam Zprávy)
Pavla Holcová (Investigace.cz)
Stevan Dojčinović (OCCRP/KRIK)
Jan Cibulka (Český rozhlas)
Miranda Patručić (OCCRP)
Josef Šlerka (Investigace.cz)
Adam Valček (freelance)
Tomáš Němeček (freelance)