Bitcoin was one of the most googled words of 2017. As crypto-currencies exploded in price towards the end of last year, this phenomenon made headlines in the mainstream media all over the world.
Former Managing Director of Paralelní Polis and crypto-currency enthusiast Boris Kaliský will discuss the scope and the possible implications of the crypto boom in a talk titled ‘’Beyond Bitcoin? Crypto-currencies in 2018’’. The lecture will touch the basic aspects of Bitcoin / crypto-currencies, but mainly will try to widen the perspective on this phenomeon with regard to its possible development in the year to come.
Some of the topics will include:
- What is the image of crypto-currency in the mainstream media and why?
- Are crypto-currencies becoming mainstream? What are they good for?
- How to navigate in the world of coins and tokens?
- What to do about the environmental impact of mining?
- Key crypto-currency trends in 2018.
Come to Bakala Foundation Student HUB on Tuesday 23rd January at 5.30 pm to find out more! The event will be held in English.
Entry free with registration: https://
Photo: licence Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International, Davidstankiewicz