Study in the UK
HMC Program 2022/2023 Requirements
- Czech citizenship
- Being a first or second grade student at a Czech high school at the time of applying
- Date of birth between February 1, 2005 and September 1, 2006
- Excellent academic results
- Good health
- Sufficient level of English language proficiency to study abroad
- Any prior study abroad at schools with English as the primary language of instruction was no longer than 6 months
- The expected annual net household income will not exceed 30,000 GBP in 2021 (if the household income ranges between 30,000–80,000 GBP, you can apply for reduced tuition – see below)
Tuition, room, and board are fully covered.
Expenses covered by the scholarship winners:
- HMC administrative fee: 1,250 GBP
(covers expenses connected to the selection process, school placement, and supervision)
- Travel expenses (airfare from Prague to the UK depending on school location): cca 3,500 CZK
- Visa: 348 GBP
- Healthcare surcharge: 1,175 GBP
- Guardianship – some schools require that underage students have a legal guardian in the UK. If you do not have any family member living in the UK over 23 years of age, you can hire a commercial guardian. The prices range from 1,000 to 2,000 GBP per year.
Applicants whose net household income ranges from 30,000 GBP to 80,000 GBP can apply for reduced tuition. Students recommended by HMC based on a successful interview will be able to apply for reduced tuition directly at specific schools that are a part of the HMC network. The cost of the tuition is fully within the competence of the individual schools and is negotiated directly with the student’s family. Receiving a recommendation after the interview does not automatically translate into being awarded this scholarship. The student must go through the school selection process first.
The cost of the tuition after the reduction can only be estimated. It depends on the cost of tuition at each school (the yearly amounts range from 15,000 to 35,000 GBP), as well as on what portion of the tuition the school can cover. Based on previous years, schools have usually reduced the tuition to around 20–25%, with the final amount ranging from 6,000 to 10,000 GBP. In addition to the reduced tuition, the student’s family have to cover any additional expenses. The cost of these depends on the school, and they range from 300,000 to 500,000 CZK per year.