The Bakala Foundation Scholarship program offers support to motivated students so that they can realize their academic dreams. Throughout more than 13 years, the program has supported almost 200 students at 57 universities across 11 different countries.
Applications are now open! Deadline: January 18, 2023.
Who Can Apply?
- Applicants whose financial situation (or that of their family) does not allow them to cover the expenses related to their university studies abroad;
- students who demonstrate strong academic credentials and verifiable financial need;
- students applying to (or studying) a bachelor’s or master’s program at a leading foreign university;
- young people looking for an academic experience that would intellectually enrich them and help them to achieve the best possible education;
- applicants seeking not only to earn a degree from a quality university, but also to contribute to a positive social impact via their studies and future work engagements;
- students enrolling in academically-rigorous programs abroad that go beyond traditional language and cultural exchanges.
Eligibility Requirements for Scholarship 2023
- Demonstrable financial need in order to realize their chosen university studies abroad;
- Czech citizenship or a permanent residency in the Czech Republic;
- younger than 34 years of age on the day of the application deadline (January 18, 2023);
- completing the online application (including 1 or 2 recommendation letters) by January 18, 2023.
Application process 2023
The scholarship selection is done in three rounds. In the first round, we evaluate the applications. In the second round, the degree of financial need of each student is assessed. Lastly, students who advance to the third round take part in an interview.
- First, the student chooses a university and a specific study program. For help regarding school selection, you can contact our academic advisor or participate in our Student Hub events.
- November 10, 2022 – opening of applications for the Scholarship 2023 program
- January 18, 2023 at 11:59pm – closing of applications
- April 2023 – participants will be informed of the 1st round results
- May 2023 – participants will be informed of the 2nd round results
- June 2023 – successful candidates will participate in personal interviews to take place in Prague. The final results will be announced shortly after the interviews.
Our goal is to enable students to follow the academic path which would allow them to secure the best conditions for their growth and development, both personal and academic.
Lectures and Workshops (in CZ)
Nov 28, 2022 (Mon) 5 – 6:30pm – registration
Dec 14, 2022 (Wed) 5 – 6:30pm – registration
Jan 5, 2023 (Thur) 5 – 6:30pm – registration
WORKSHOP HOW TO WRITE A GOOD ESSAY
Dec 1, 2022 (Thur) – 4:30 – 6pm – registration
Dec 19, 2022 (Mon) – 6 – 8pm – registration
Jan 10, 2023 (Tue) – 4:30 – 6pm – registration
Recordings from past presentations:
- Live chat with Linda: Prague – London – Santa Barbara
- How to write a good essay – instructional video with O. Černý – ask us for link with the recording (only in CZ language) at: email@example.com (it is necessary to have a Gmail account)
Follow our Facebook for news and events about our Scholarship offering and about studying abroad. Please note that presentations are held in the Czech language.